What is your favorite fly to use?

Comments

depends on what they're eating for sure. But i love nyphing fast water on a tight line so Czech nymphs and hares ears are my favorite in that situation

for dries i love when they arent picky and will gulp down a stimulator. all time favorite dry fly

Here in tennessee i love using cdc sulfur comparaduns and zebra midges along with terrestrials

that sulfur color is awesome for making like a size 10 hares ear if you have stoneflys in the water. i love it. sulfur squrrel i think is what i have. super buggy looking.

im gonna tie up a midge this morning you should try. ill post a step by step of they tying. usually i like all natural materials but this one is like trout candy if you have lots of action on midges. its made with V-rib and glass bead. with some CDC

Since there is so much to that question I will throw out my few favorite:

I love when small Baeitis are hatching and you are throwing mayflies so small you pretty much can't see them and you have to go for the blind set.

My favorite workhorse fly is the PMX in various colors and sizes and finally the GRHE. The Hare's Ear can do so much...

I'm a big fan of ants under the right conditons -  against the bank, smooth water.  I like 'em relatively small and with dubbing, not Chernobyl.  I like the idea of foam ants - any that will keep it floating better, but most of the foam patterns I've tried or tied seem to get the line all twisted, unelss I'm using 3X or so, which goes against the grain of the ant fishing experience, in my opinion.