Does anyone know away to stop the piece of a fly fishing rob from coming apart that doesn't involve glue or tape?

Comments

if someone has any ideas please reply, or message me.  Thanks!

Carry a piece of a candle in your vest.  Rub it on the male section of the connecting piece before assembling the rod. 

like you have a loose connection? you might need to clean them, sometimes they get greasy and wont stay together. other times you need the manfacture to repair it for you

Ok thanks, almost lost the top of my rob yesterday

yeah i would contact the manufacture and see if they can fix it for you. i think there might be some remedies but i dont know

Ok, the rod has a 25 year warranty on it so im good that way, thanks.

A friend of mine uses ultra control gel type super glue from loctite adhesives.
<a href="http://www.positivepest.com/index.php/bug-facts/bed-bugs/">Exterminators bed bugs nyc</a>

Jonathan,
Are you talking about the ferrule where the sections of the rod connect or are you talking about the tip top on the top section of your rod coming off? If you're talking about the ferrule coming loose when you are casting, the suggestion of using a candle to put some wax on the "male" section of the rod is a good one. You can also purchase ferrule wax from many fly shops. If it is the tip top hardware that is coming off the rod, you can simply glue it back on. You could use epoxy, but if you do, you'll have a hard time ever getting it off to replace it. I would suggest using a heat activated glue stick to put on a tip top that would allow you to easily replace the tip top should you wear it out some day.