Anyone fished the Gibbon by the old road?

I haven't had a chance to fish the Gibbon along the old road bed since they moved the road. The water always looked great, but I was always afraid I'd hook a motorcyclist on my backcast.

Has anyone gotten in there and explored? How's it fishing?

Comments

I've been back in there a few times. All that great water you saw from the road is still there, and you'll generally have it all to yourself. The fish don't get huge like they do in the meadow stretches, but they seem happy to crush almost any dry fly you toss at them.

Don’t listen to Tom, there aren’t any trout back there — just whitefish. It’s also full of grizzly bears, rattlesnakes and mountain lions.

In my experience the more “bears, rattlesnakes and mountain lions” the locals tell you about, the better the fishing.

Alright, alright, maybe there aren’t a ton of bears, but I’m sticking to my guns about there not being a ton of trout either.

Don't forget that super-toxic strain of poison ivy native only to the lower Gibbon... stuff sticks with you forever, or, as Eddie Murphy says, "You keep that sh*t forever ... like luggage."

testing how comments are displaying